Conditions of Active Membership
1. The Legion Of Mary is open to all Catholics who:
- faithfully practise their religion
- are animated by the desire to fulfil their role in the Church’s apostolate through membership of the Legion
- are prepared to fulfil each and every duty which active membership of the Legion involves.
2. Persons who wish to join the Legion must apply for membership in a Praesidium.
3. Candidates under the age of 18 can only be received in a junior praesidium.
4. No one will be admitted as a candidate for membership of the Legion of Mary until the president of the Praesidium, to which admission is sought, is after careful enquiry satisfied that the person seeking admission fulfils the conditions required.
5. Satisfactory probation of at least three months is required before the candidate can be enrolled in the ranks of the Legion, but from the first the candidate can participate fully in the works of the Legion.
6. A copy of the Tessera shall be given to every candidate.
7. Formal admission consists essentially in the Legionary Promise, and the entry of the name of the candidate on the membership roll of the Praesidium.
Call (02) 9660 6131 to ask about joining the Legion or email us
Return to Membership page